Being a daughter of an architect, architecture and design has been a constant feature of family life. My father, Alan Minty is passionate about his work, and his passion was shared with his three children from an early age. No surprise then that my brother, Dorian Minty and sister, Amelia Minty are also forging successful careers in architecture and design.
I attended Victora University's Schools of Architecture and Design in Wellington and graduated in 1997 with a Bachelor of Design, majoring in Interior Architecture and Design. Before forging out on my own, I gained experience in a number of positions both in New Zealand and in the United Kingdom. These include:
- Co-designer/Summer Research student, 'Out of the Dark'/'Fragments' Exhibition and Symposium for New Zealand International Festival of the Arts, Wellington
- Interior Designer, Clare Athfield/Athfield Architects, Wellington
- Interior Designer, Studio of Pacific Architecture Ltd (SPA), Wellington
- Tutor, lecturer and critic, Victoria University, Schools of Architecture and Design, Wellington
- Interior Designer, Sasha Wadell Design, London
- Interior magazine stylist assistant, Atlanta Bartlett, London
- Visual Merchandiser Manager, Country Road, Wellington
- Visual Merchandiser/Contractor for Ashley Fogel, Redcurrent and other Wellington brands.
Since 2003, CMID has worked on a variety of residential and commercial jobs as well as collaborating with several architects, including Andrews Scott Cotton Architects (Auckland), Mary Daish Architect, Craig and Coltart Architects and Tse Wallace Architects. I have also worked with both Alan Minty and Amelia Minty on a number of successful projects.
In 2015, I was asked by New Zealand's Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade to advise on an interior project for a number of diplomatic residences in the Solomon Islands. Last year, I was asked to become a contributor to Houzz, which has allowed me to write about all things interior design for an international readership. You can read my Houzz articles here.
Interior design services offered by CMID include retail design, office design, kitchen and bathroom design, space planning, furnishings, curtains and blinds, paint colour schemes - interior and exterior, fabric selection, joinery and styling.
Contact Charlotte on email@example.com to find out more